Sunday, November 7, 2021

533. Wishes for My Enemies. A Snarkie.

Wishes for My Enemies. A Snarkie.


Last time we talked about Titters,

Grumps, and Snarkies.  So now let's

do a Snarkie.


Never make an enemy of a writer; their 

revenge can be fierce. For instance this 

poem, which bears no dedication.



   Wishes for My Enemies


Bedbugs and constipation,

Irritable gut and fallen arches,

Relentless creditors,

Ruinous investments,

Disastrous infatuations,

Boredom, infinite and never ending

With a terrifying midnight awareness

Of their own irrelevance,

Their puniness

On this unfeeling earth.



Rather nasty, isn't it?  A real Snarkie.  

But that's not the end of it.  There are 

two more lines.



Fine.  But what if

My worst enemy is me?



So maybe now it's a Titter.  Certainly not 

a Snarkie.  To round things out, next time 

we'll do a Grump.



©  2021  Clifford Browder



No comments:

Post a Comment