Sunday, March 20, 2022

546. We Lived Richly

The closing paragraph of the online memoir I will soon send 

to the Gay History Archive on 13th Street:   


So ends my story.  On Thursday, March 17, 2022, I donated Bob’s diaries, correspondence, and photo albums to the Gay Center on West 13th Street, for inclusion in their gay history archive.  None of it can be made public until ten years after my death.  This memoir will also go there.  This is a substantial collection that could someday be used in many ways.  In it there is much pain, joy, frustration, and realization.  We lived richly.  


Yes, we lived richly.

3 comments:

  1. I for one would love to read either your memoir, or at least selected excerpts of it, and I'm pretty sure I don't have ten years left, much less ten years after your death. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had met Cliff at a Sage meeting, where I went with Mel, my partner, who also left us recently. Cliff's friendship was special and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliff was a mentor, encouraging, and a valued friend. He encouraged me on my writing, and helped to make a dark part of my life brighter. I will miss him very much

    ReplyDelete