Tuesday, May 19, 2020

462. Publisher, Survival, Website, Reedsy


BROWDERBOOKS


                              PUBLISHER

As some of you know already, I have signed a contract with E.L. Marker, an imprint of WiDo Publishing, to publish Forbidden Brownstones, the fifth title in my Metropolis series of novels set in nineteenth-century New York.  This is a hybrid arrangement whereby the author retains full control, like in self-publishing, but gets assistance from an established press in producing and marketing the book.  More of this as work on the book proceeds.

        SURVIVAL, WEBSITE, REEDSY


Survival:  I am fine.  I go out rarely, mostly to get money from the bank, and food from the supermarket.  I can get food delivered by a health food store, and often do.  The Saturday morning greenmarket in Abingdon Square Park still functions, but with social distancing.  My bread stand marks spots at six-foot intervals for its customers to line up, masked; last Saturday the line was so long that I found myself almost in Jersey.  The streets now are strangely quiet; traffic is rare.  I miss my weekly Sunday lunch out in a restaurant, and I miss seeing my friends, but it can't be helped.  I wish everyone well in this trying time.  We New Yorkers -- in fact, we Americans -- are a tough bunch.  As demonstrated recently, to get us through a crisis, we need just four things:
  • Courage.
  • Patience.
  • Faith.
  • Toilet paper.
With these, we can overcome all threats.  But when will this end? Governor Cuomo is relaxing the lockdown upstate, but congested New York will be the last to return to normal, if it ever does.  My planned book release party?  Maybe in late September or early October ... maybe.  At this point, who can be sure of anything?

Website:  I've seen the latest proof, and it is exciting!  It really says New York.  Hopefully, the website will be functioning soon.  Once it is, I'll announce it to all and sundry.

Reedsy:  My new nonfiction title, New Yorkers: A Feisty People Who Will Unsettle, Madden, Amuse and Astonish You, is now live on Reedsy Discovery, where the first chapter is offered as a sample.    Do go there and give me an Upvote.  Lots of Upvotes will get the book more exposure.

Coming soon:  Who knows?  Maybe something on free, and why I won't ever do it again.

©   2020   Clifford Browder  




No comments:

Post a Comment